The Corn Refiners Association (CRA) represents the corn refining industry in the United States. Corn refiners produce starches, advanced bioproducts, sweeteners, and feed products from corn components such as oil, protein, and fiber. CRA and its predecessors have served this important segment of American agribusiness since 1913.
CRA also administers the Plant Based Products Council (PBPC), an organization launched in 2019 that represents companies manufacturing or using non-food products and materials made from renewable, plant-based inputs.
CRA seeks a graduate or undergraduate-level intern to assist with communications, public relations, and media analysis. CRA values its interns and endeavors to provide a learning experience that advances their career development and professional network. Interns are treated as entry level professionals and assist with various projects. Successful applicants will be bright, highly motivated scholars with a strong interest and aptitude for communications and public relations.
The position will provide direct support to the Director of Communications in the areas of:
- Implementing CRA’s communications goals
- Tracking and monitoring media coverage related to CRA and CRA member company interests
- Drafting and editing communications and advocacy materials
- Assisting policy staff with various initiatives and special projects
Qualified candidates will have, or be working towards, an undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field of study. Additional qualifications include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive assignments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A genuine interest in advocacy communications
- CRA has a hybrid work environment. Staff work remotely Monday and Friday and work in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You will need to have a personal computer, secure internet connection, and a landline or cell phone.
- CRA is currently seeking interns for the summer session (May-August) for 25-30 hours a week.
- The Internship Program at CRA consists of paid positions ($20/hr). If you would like to receive academic credit in addition to – or in lieu of – wages, please consult with your Department Head or Academic Advisor. No benefits are provided.
- Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume, cumulative GPA, three writing samples, and contact information for three references to [email protected] using the subject line “RE: CRA Communications Intern”. No phone calls will be accepted.
- At least one reference must be a current Professor or Academic Advisor familiar with your academic record. CRA will contact top candidates’ references directly.
Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.