The Corn Refiners Association (CRA) is the national trade association representing the corn refining industry of the United States. CRA and its predecessors have served this important segment of American agribusiness since 1913. Corn refiners manufacture sweeteners, ethanol, starch, advanced bioproducts, corn oil and feed products from corn components such as starch, oil, protein, and fiber.
The U.S. corn refining industry is a key player in international markets due to the abundance and quality of our products. Reflecting the significance of our members’ role in the international markets, CRA provides leadership to the largest actively engaged coalition on U.S. trade policy, which advocates on a variety of leading trade issues.
The Internship Program at CRA is designed for recent university graduates and graduate students. College seniors and juniors performing at an exceptional level will also be considered. Relevant experience or an academic background in international affairs, economics, international business/trade are most applicable to the position.
CRA values its interns and endeavors to provide a learning experience that advances your career development and expands your professional network. Interns assist with various projects throughout their time at CRA. Successful interns are enthusiastic about working on a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced, team environment. The internship duration is January-May 2022.
The position will provide direct support to the Vice President of Trade and Industry Affairs and other CRA policy staff in the areas of:
- implementation of CRA’s trade policy agenda;
- track key pieces of legislation and regulatory proposals in the U.S. and key global markets;
- track and analyze pertinent trade and industry data and metrics;
- build relationships with staff of CRA’s strategic partners;
- attend hearings and meetings on behalf of CRA and deliver an analysis of critical issues discussed;
- outreach to the CRA Trade and Government Relations Committees, which are comprised of DC and home-office based representatives of all CRA member companies; and, assist the policy staff with various initiatives and special projects.
- Qualified candidates should have or be working towards a graduate degree in Political Science, Public Policy, International Relations or Business, Economics, or similar field of study.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Robust research and analytical acumen.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive assignments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- A genuine interest in policy development.
- Spanish speaking, reading, and writing capabilities (preferred).
- Due to COVID-19 this position may be 100% remote. You will need to have a personal computer, secure internet connection and a landline or cell phone. If remote work is necessary CRA will provide a phone & internet stipend of $50 per month.
- The Internship Program at CRA is a paid position ($20 per hour). If you would like to receive credit in addition to or in lieu of wages, please consult with your department head or academic advisor.
- CRA is seeking someone with the availability in the spring session (January- May 2022) for a minimum of 25-30 hours a week.
- No benefits are provided.
- Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume, transcripts with cumulative GPA, writing sample, and contact information for 3 references to [email protected] using the subject line “RE: Trade Policy Intern”.
- At least one reference should be a current Professor or Academic Advisor familiar with your academic record. Pre-written letters of recommendation are not accepted. We will contact references directly only for top candidates and only after notifying the intern candidate.
- No phone calls will be accepted.
Corn Refiners Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.